Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Bali | Indonesia

After spending the previous weekend in Jakarta, I had the opportunity to bounce over to Bali and check out the island. Unfortunately, I only had two days to explore. Although Bali is part of the same country that I currently live in, it was crazy to see how different it was culturally. Between the beauty and mystery of the island, I definitely plan on visiting again.


This was the volcano I flew over on the way. Pretty awesome.

Below are some pictures from the monkey sanctuary in a town called Ubud. Man, were these critters crafty. 


Our driver took us through a cool market on the way back to the hotel. I had a flashback to the silk scarf stalls in Paris, that were always lined up in rainbow order. 


Our last stop was a little temple on the side of the road. It was about to close for the evening. With the Indonesian sunset in the background, it was simply gorgeous.

No comments:

Post a Comment