Sunday, October 2, 2011

Central Java | Indonesia

I took a small drive this weekend. I'm not quite sure where I went, but the road wound through several villages and over a spectacular river, surrounded by the rice paddies.

I passed several cars along the way. When I figured that I had gone far enough for the day, I turned around and passed the some of the same cars while I was going the other direction. Since I was in a rather remote area and I suppose it wasn't typical to see an American girl driving a bike down the road there, several of the drivers excitedly told their passengers and waved as I passed by them again. It was rather entertaining.

On another note, I surpassed 1,000 km on my bike this weekend! For those of you, like me, who have absolutely no concept of how far that is, it is just over 621 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment